Sunday, March 21, 2010

Go Entrepreneur!

A couple of years ago I was searching for tech startups in India, and I could hardly find any. From whatever I know, it's still status quo. I wonder if this is changing in other sectors. In any case, it is symptomatic that our skilled junta still works for some large corporation or a business house. On a purely anecdotal basis, it would be safe to say that we are a risk averse people.

Given that, it's actually really exciting (for me atleast) to meet someone who has started their own small business. It so happened that we were at a juice bar called Sipz in the ISB campus yesterday, a couple stopped by, they were friend's friends and later I came to know, the owners of Sipz! Right now they have it only in a couple of places in Hyderabad, but listening to them it seemed like their business was good and they will expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment