Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mob Rule

Since 23rd monday was a holiday due to local elections, I've to work saturday to compensate for it. In afternoon we receive email news that there's violence in some areas of city. I get out late from work, and find a line of empty autos. The first one quotes me the correct price, I take it.

"None earns even 1 rupee from this", tell me the autowallah. "Whatever few rupees I earn, I won't even be able to earn that". He tells me two buses have been burnt, all shops are closed, and nothing runs on wheel in the city areas. "Tell me, who gets anything out this, they don't even earn a rupee from this". The leader KCR is in coma he says. We are at the outskirts of the city, and things are open here. He tells me if it reaches here, they will have to close too. KCR, is on an fast unto death until demands are met. He has a good student support who are agitated over their leader's falling health and are carrying out a bandh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh well. The bandh was about Telangana or something like that. Bandhs are so stupid, they don't serve any purpose. Politics all over the world is rubbish. In India, politics stifles development!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh the bandh is for telangana, though it's more complicated than that. I take a more moderate view on politics, though I do think that enforcement of law and order is not as evolved as it should be, in India. It's a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete